Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Microsoft Visual C++ vs Borland Turbo C++ ????

I use Borland Delphi and now i want to move to C++, but i'm confuse which tools i should use, Borland Turbo C++ (which i'm familiar with their vcl) or Microsoft Visual C++ .


which one is most used by visual c++ programmer ?


any suggestion ?

Microsoft Visual C++ vs Borland Turbo C++ ????
That question is like asking what is the best browser Internet Explorer or FireFox, or like asking what the best search engine is Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc. It is all a matter of preference, or what you are used to using.





Some people use Borland, some people use Microsoft. I, myself use Microsoft Visual C++. The reason is because I started off using Borland, but everybody at the company was using Microsoft, so I switched. I went to an interview recently and they were using both tools, the company had merged 2 different groups into 1. So, you might want to check out which industry is using which tool, then go from there. I don't know that much about Borland to comment about their program, but Microsoft has a domineering effect in the industry, IMO.
Reply:If you want to work professionally, it's Microsoft.


If you work for fun or just to quickly learn something, use whatever you prefer.


No comments:

Post a Comment